Yum! These pops would be perfect for a birthday party, slumber party, or camp out in the backyard! It would even be fun for the kids to join in making them! Here is a super easy tutorial created by Ali, from Gimme Some Oven, and I am thrilled to share it with you!
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package cinnamon or honey graham crackers (about 9 long/large crackers) – or just buy graham cracker crumbs
- lollipop sticks (available in cake decorating aisles)
1. Begin by twisting the lollipop sticks until they are securely in the middle of the marshmallows. (Insert them on the flat, not rounded, side of the marshmallows. Then push them in until they almost pop through.) Then place the graham crackers in a strong ziplock bag, and use a rolling pin (or whatever you’d like) to crush them until they are finely ground. Then place them in a small bowl.
2. Then heat the chocolate chips in a double-boiler or (carefully!) in the microwave until they are melted and somewhat runny.
3. While holding the stick, carefully dip a marshmallow in the chocolate mixture until completely covered. Then gently roll the sides and top of the marshmallow in the graham cracker crumbs until they are well-coated. Place on a plate or on wax paper to let cool and dry. Repeat with remaining marshmallows.
*Tip: If your melted chocolate mixture is still too thick, stir in a spoonful or two of shortening until it reaches your desired consistency. I know it’s not the best for nutrition, but it’s the best chocolate thinner. 🙂 (Hint: never, ever add water!)